Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Rose Garden

All of my roses are starting to put on alot of new growth. A few have even bloomed. My Knock-Out Roses were the first to bloom and are blooming like crazy. I have noticed that my hybrid-teas are putting on new growth and starting to bloom.

I transplanted 4 that I bought last year and bought another 27 this year....Yes I know, I have a rose problem. They were small roses that were bought in sleeves from Marvins for $2-3. They are grade 2 but, the money I saved will make it well worth waiting till next year for large bushes. I have had a few signs of Black-Spot already, which I blame on the excessive flooding we have had in the past 3 weeks. I have sprayed with Ortho Disease Control, and will have to spray again today.

So far out of all the roses I planted, they are all doing pretty good. Some are doing better then others but I believe they will all make it. I promise to post pictures soon.

As for my rose garden, it's still in the making but it's almost complete. I still have to get a few more trellis', pick out a few more weeds and decide whether I want to use mulch or straw. Last year the straw did well but I personally think mulch looks better. I will have to wait and see what my budget will allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment